Happy New Year is probably the most underrated three words of the year, maybe the decade, okay, the century.
Everyone embraced 2020 with high hopes. No one expected such tumultuous politics and a global pandemic would force all of us to collectively redefine, reimagine and reset ostensibly everything in both our personal and professional lives.
Still, this industry is nothing if not resilient. And, as they say, hindsight is 20/20. One thing we’re certain of for 2021, is the Vacation Rental industry will quickly embrace all possible lessons to be learned and emerge better and stronger.
As we happily turn the calendar page on this year, we bring you some of our favorite Top Stories of 2020. But first, on behalf of our entire VRM Intel team, our boundless gratitude to our loyal readers, our generous sponsorship partners and our talented contributing writers. We appreciate you all, thank you for everything you have done for VRM Intel in 2020, and wish you all better and brighter days ahead.
- First things first. Taking care of No. 1 should always be No. 1 on the list.
- George Santayana said, “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” In this story, we look back to look ahead …
- The ‘Wild West’ used to describe the VR industry … sounds about right.
- Someone say ‘bright spot’ and ‘2020’ in the same sentence? Tell us more …
- Extra, extra read all about it … because who doesn’t love a story that is ‘extra’?
- You had us at ‘experience’ and ‘professionalism.’ More, please sir.
- Beam us up, Scotty. Any forecasting ‘beyond 2021’ we are all about.
- We love contrarians. No we don’t, yes we do.
- It’s not our fault 2020 made ‘new normal’ well, normalized.
- Technically, this story was first published in 2019, but with 2020 downright weird, we’re okay with keeping it on the list. It is, after all, a battle cry that we cannot possibly say or hear enough: ‘Don’t Give Up!’