There has been a recent whirlwind of acquisition activity in the vacation rental industry as national brands look to rapidly grow their portfolios. Although the industry has had a consistent increase in the number of vacation rental management companies selling over the last three years, what makes 2022’s acquisitions unique is who is selling as many of the companies below were founded by some of the industry’s most widely known thought leaders, including VRMA board presidents, regional association board members, former destination CVB and chamber presidents, podcasters, and popular conference speakers.
Here’s what we know.
(Updated, June 10, 10:55 ET)
2022 Vacation Rental Management Acquisitions
- Alpine Lodging: Telluride, Colorado
- At Home Key West: Key West, Florida
- Beachside Vacation Rentals: Charleston, South Carolina
- Florida Charms: Destin, Florida
- Native Travel: Palm Springs/San Diego/Big Bear, California
- Starfish Luxury Vacation Rentals: Manzanita, Oregon
- Carolina Retreats: Topsail, North Carolina
- Miss Kitty’s Fishing Getaways: Rockport, Texas
- Ryson Vacation Rentals: Galveston, Texas
- Silver Sands Vacation Rentals, Port Aransas, Texas
- Southern Vacation Rentals: Northern Gulf Coast
- Taylor-Made Deep Creek Vacation Rentals: Deep Creek Lake, Maryland
- Tybee Vacation Rentals: Tybee Island, Georgia
According to a Vacasa spokesperson, “What I can share regarding 2022 deals is that Vacasa added seven new portfolios during the first quarter . . . We can’t announce names of companies that haven’t been officially disclosed yet.”
Yet, here’s what we know from other sources . . .
- Seachange Vacation Rentals: Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
- Sunset Vacation Rentals: Manzanita, Oregon
- TeemingVR: Multiple destinations in Florida
- Destination Leavenworth: Leavenworth, Washington
- Mt Hood Vacation Rentals: Mt Hood, Oregon
- Benchmark Management, Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
- New England Vacation Rentals, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
- Three Palms Vacation Rentals: Orange Beach, Alabama
- CottageLink Property Management: Ontario, Canada (Hear more about this acquisition from Heather Bayer on Matt Landau’s Unlocked Podcast.)
- Winter Park Lodging Co. and Steamboat Lodging Co.: Colorado (Hear more about this acquisition from Sarah Bradford on her Sarah and T Podcast.)
Have we missed a company? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.