Professional vacation rental marketers looking to the future are predicting a rapidly changing competitive landscape. After hearing from these executives, a substantive marketing track has been added to Charleston’s 2021 Data and Revenue Management (DARM) Conference with a surprising amount of new information and education about direct marketing.
By definition, revenue management is about delivering the right product to the right consumer at the right time at the right price on the right channel. Revenue management is essentially a marketing function. Consequently, it didn’t make sense to deliver this year’s DARM conference without addressing the biggest marketing challenges the vacation rental industry is facing—including direct marketing.
As a result, this conference has a high-level direct marketing track that addresses the many shifts in vacation rental and online marketing for professional vacation rental managers. Although many of the other sessions about data and revenue management are also marketing functions, here are the direct marketing topics we’ll be discussing:
- Your “Limited Edition” Unique Selling Proposition (USP) with Matt Landau, founder, VRMB and Unlocked Podcast
- How Search Engine Optimization REALLY Works for the Vacation Rental Industry with Paul Hanak, director of marketing, ICND
- Generating Bookings With A Comprehensive Digital Advertising Strategy with Conrad O’Connell, founder, BuildUp Bookings
- Social Campaigns: Optimizing Social Channels the Right Way with Greg Minor, founder and CEO, Vacations4you
- Optimizing Brand.com: An In-depth Look at Merchandizing Properties on Your Own Website with Braeden Flaherty (Bluetent), Ben Ollic (Q4 Launch), and Josh Guerra (Bizcor)
- #BookDirect and Your Call Center: The Battle for Direct Bookings is Hand-to-Hand Combat with Doug Kennedy, Kennedy Training Network
- 2022 Email Marketing Strategies: Email Marketing Strategies and Tactics as a Key Component of the Revenue Optimization Strategy with Amir Rashid, NAVIS
- Talking to Homeowners: Communicating Revenue Management and Marketing Initiatives with Homeowners, Panel
- Traveler Demand: Measuring and Comparting Consumer Demand with Amber Carpenter, CMO, Acme House Company and founder, Demand IQ
- Building Repeat Business: Converting Direct and Third-Party Guests into Repeat Customers with Tyann Marcink, David Angotti, Matt Landau, Suneel Goud, and Arthur Colker
- Play Bigger: Tips & Tricks to Drive Direct Bookings with Tim Schutts, vice president, TravelNet Solutions’ Atlas Digital Marketing
Looking at vacation rental distribution, the DARM conference includes additional pro vacation rental marketers will find valuable, including:
- Rate Strategy: Building revenue management strategy in the new travel landscape
- Revenue Strategy Levers: Pricing levers revenue managers pull to move the needle
- Length of Stay (LOS) Strategies: Using LOS tactics to manage channel performance and optimize occupancy
- Hotel Revenue Management Strategies: When to use, when to adapt, and when to toss
- Optimizing Listings and Pricing on OTAs: Vrbo, Airbnb, and other Channels
- Channel Loyalty: Are all your eggs in too few baskets?
- API Connections: Implementing revenue management strategies on channels using channel managers, PMSs, and direct connections
- C19 Trends Aftermath: The World in 2022
- The Future of Vacation Rental Revenue Optimization
- Building a 2022 Revenue Optimization Team: What does the org chart look like for a high-performing team ( sales, marketing and revenue management)
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Which metrics matter and how are they calculated and compared across vacation rental systems?
- PMS Data: Finding business answers hidden in your PMS data
- Holding a RM Meeting: How to conduct a revenue strategy meeting
- Channel Management Profitability Checklist: Features that drive profitability
- Data-Driven Property Managers: How to set up your benchmark metrics for success in your Key Data Dashboard
- Rentals Recovery Roadmap: Which short-term rental industry trends will prevail?
- Building Competitive Sets: Developing comp sets and tools available
- Rental Inventory and Homeowner Metrics: A guide to measuring and improving what really matters for your inventory
- Measuring Channel Performance: Channel metrics, incremental and A/B testing, and what to do when API connections fail
- 2022 Forecasting: Forecasting when historical performance is obsolete
There is a lot here, so we are recording all of it—and attendees will receive a video package of all the sessions.
If you can’t make it to Charleston, we’re also allowing VRMs to purchase the recordings (which will be available on September 8).