On March 11-12, 2013, industry expert Steve Craig of Pro Resort Housekeeping is hosting an educational opportunity for vacation rental managers and vacation ownership resorts. The event will be at the Holiday Inn -Charlotte Airport and will include topics such as:
- Everything you ever wanted to know about linens: terry and sheet construction, terminology, current manufacturing, durability,
pound weights, and more
- How to research linens, bid linen purchases, order, and properly receive the shipment
- Factors which contribute to linen loss and effective ways to reduce losses
- Fundamental vacation rental linen systems
- How to compute and maintain pars throughout the year.
- Fundamental linen measures every company needs: rag logs, inventory methods and productivity measures
- How to get the most from contract linen suppliers and chemical vendors
- Tips for managing an in-house laundry operation
- How to make money and control homeowner linens
- Best practices for distributing linens to housekeepers and getting them back from the properties.
- How to maintain QA and who should maintain QA
In addition, Tuesday afternoon the conference moves (transportation provided) to the Electrolux North America Headquarters where Electrolux Professional Laundry and Professional Kitchen will host an exceptional lunch prepared in the Electrolux Demonstration kitchens where international chefs train North American chefs how to fully utilize the advanced features of Electrolux Professional cookware. After lunch, you are treated to demonstrations of the Electrolux Professional laundry equipment to include a labor-saving flatwork ironer operated by a single person.
An afternoon training on allocating laundry dollar expenses will be conducted by Kim Shady, Vice President of Sales for Laundrylux, the North America sales and support team for Electrolux Professional Laundry Equipment, followed by details of how those expenses can be affected by each of the following areas: selecting the right equipment, laundry design, staffing recommendations and maintenance tips. This session will help those who already have a laundry and provide a guide for those who wish to consider one.
Laundry & Linen Seminar Details
When: March 11 and 12, 2013
Time: 9am to 4:15pm both days
Location: Holiday Inn Charlotte Airport. 704-394-4301. They have guaranteed an $89 rate. Free shuttle from the airport.
Cost: $225 first person ($200 each additional person), includes continental breakfasts and lunches.
Agenda: This seminar is for managers of all departments, especially those involved in any way with linens or housekeeping.
Register: Save slots via email to email@example.com and then send check to:
Pro Resort Housekeeping
5611 Gulf of Mexico Dr #201
Longboat Key, FL
Or pay online at www.proresort.net
Space is limited to 40 attendees. Must be registered and paid by March 4.
Topics to be covered and the order of sessions is as follows:
Monday March 11, 2013
9am: Continental (included in fee)
- “Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Linens.” Terry and sheet construction, terminology, current manufacturing, durability, pound weights, and more.
- “Buying Linens” How to research linens, bid linen purchases, order, and properly receive the shipment.
- “Shrinkage, the Bane of Our Industry.” An examination of all the factors that contribute to linen loss and effective ways to reduce these expensive losses
- “Fundamental Vacation Rental Linen Systems” and the Pros and Cons of each.
- “What Constitutes a Par?” How to compute pars. How many pars do each of you need (because different systems have different requirements)? How to maintain pars throughout the year.
Lunch as a Group. (included in fee)
- “Fundamental Linen Measures Every Company Needs.” Rag Logs, inventory methods, productivity measures. Sample documents provided!
- “Dealing with Contract Linen Suppliers” Whether or not you own or rent. What to expect, how to get the most from what they provide and what they do.
- “Dealing with Chemical Vendors.” Tricks to make sure they are not wasting your resources.
Tuesday March 12, 2013
9am Continental (included in fee)
- “Tips for Managing an In-House (on premise) Laundry Operation.” Washing, drying, folding, storage. How to maintain productivity.
- “Homeowner Linens.” How to make money and control these items so losses do not occur and you have those embarrassing incidents with property owners
- “Linen Pack Making and Distribution” Best practices for distributing linens to housekeepers and getting them back from the properties.
- “Quality Assurance-Putting it All Together.” How to maintain QA, who should maintain QA, educating your property owners, control over your rental guests(?)
Lunch and afternoon training at Electrolux North America Headquarters.
- Demonstrations of the Electrolux Professional laundry equipment to include a flatwork ironer to be operated by a single person to save labor.
- Where your laundry dollar expenses should be allocated.
- How laundry expenses can be affected by each of the following areas: selecting the right equipment, laundry design, staffing recommendations and maintenance tips. Session will help those who already have a laundry and provide a guide for those who wish to consider one.