Heather Bayer interviewed John DiJulius of The DiJulius Group on the Vacation Rental Success Podcast.
DiJulius talks about his brand new book ‘The Customer Service Revolution’ and how his unique view on customer service applies to the Vacation Rental Business.
Bayer first met DiJulius at the VRMA Annual Conference in San Diego last year and was so impressed by his keynote presentation the she knew he would be a perfect guest for the podcast.
Some of the things John talks about:
- Why the traditional notions of customer service as ‘defense’ and marketing as ‘offense’ are outdated
- Why 60% of the words we use with clients don’t need to be said
- How an ‘angry’ rental agreement can lead to buyer’s remorse
- If you want to be a world class customer service expert, don’t use policies
- How getting into the day in the life of a guest will change your perceptions of them
- How Secret Service works and what the acronym ‘FORD’ means *****(warning – this could increase your bookings)*****
- Why we need to attract the kids, they are the decision makers
- Anticipating customer needs and focusing on individual touch points
Here is a slideshare from one of John’s recent webinars.