By Adam Clark, Zacks.com — Expedia Inc. (EXPE) just released its second quarter fiscal 2016 earnings results, posting earnings of $0.40 per share (excluding special items) and revenue of $2.195 billion.
Currently, EXPE has a Zacks Rank #3 (Hold), but it is subject to change following the release of the company’s latest earnings report. Here are 5 key statistics from this just announced report below.
1. Missed earnings estimates. The company posted earnings of $0.40 per share (excluding special items), just below the Zacks Consensus Estimate of $0.44 per share. Diluted earnings per share came in at $0.21.
2. Missed revenue estimates. The company saw revenue figures of $2.195 billion, below our consensus estimate of $2.24 billion and increasing 32% year-over-year.
3. Gross bookings increased $3.8 billion, or 25% year-over-year, excluding eLong, to over $18.8 billion in the second quarter.
4. Global lodging portfolio increased by 25,000 properties, or 2-% year-over-year, bringing total hotel property count to over 307,000 available on Expedia Inc. sites.
5. EXPE was down $7.77, or 6.51%, to $111.50 as of 8:30 PM ET in after-hours trading shortly after its earnings report was released.
Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/expedia-inc-expe-q2-earnings-revenues-fall-short-of-estimates-cm656919#ixzz4Fkk4vGiZ