Turbocharge Your Reviews With Rich Snippets
Adding reviews to your vacation rental web pages is a slam-dunk. Consumers love them, plain and simple. Reviews have several key benefits, they:
- Improve your “dwell time” (the time consumers stay on your page after clicking on it in a search engine)
- Improve your conversion rate (According to Revoo, reviews cause an 18% uplift in sales)
- Improve your credibility and engagement.
- Add fresh and new content to your pages.
While adding reviews to your website is an important step, coding them as “rich snippets” is what really turbocharges them. The key difference is that a rich snippet actually shows your reviews right in your search results:
- Makes your results stand out in search engines
- Increase the CTR Click-Thru-Rate when you do show up in search (10-20% according to Distilled)
Can you spot the webpage that uses rich snippets below? Would you be more likely to click on it?
A review on your website may look like this:
But, look below at how the review can coded in your html, helping Google see the “data” within the review:
The example above is a very simple one and depending upon your situation many more data elements can be added to the review. I used Schema Creator to create the code above. You will most certainly want to consult with your webmaster on how best to code your reviews for maximum effect.